The Canadian Mounted Rifles came into being in Winnipeg in 1901, full of recruits destined to fight in the Boer War in South Africa. The name of the squadron changed in 1903 to Royal Canadian Mounted Rifles, and again in 1909 to Strathcona’s Horse (Royal Canadians). The regiment is now based in Edmonton, Alberta.
This demitasse was manufactured in England by Cauldon Ltd., est. 1904 in Staffordshire, an area of the country famed for it’s pottery and porcelain production.
Souvenir Demitasse 1904-1909, 2″ high, 1.875″ diameter. ECB10682 $25.00